Psychiatry Department - Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center, VSMMC
The main purpose of this study was to determine the cases referred to the Psychiatry department of VSMMC and to identify which clinical department has the highest referral cases made to the department.
The locale of the study was the patients referred to the psychiatry department of the hospital from other clinical departments. The total population which was the overall number of patients referred by physicians from the other clinical departments. No sample were taken since the study is descriptive type. The main outcome of the study was to determine the number of cases and the reason for such referrals.
Results of the study indicated that the cases referred by the Internal Medicine was the highest number and the least was from the EENT Department. The highest number of reasons for such referrals was also from the Internal Medicine which was on behavioral changes of the patients.
A similar study should be conducted so that a more comprehensive diagnosis of patients will be conducted by the resident physicians of the psychiatry department.
General Objective :
To determine the trend of referral cases in the psychiatry department.
Specific Objectives :
1. To identify which clinical department has the highest referral cases made to department of psychiatry
2. To determine the cases referred to psychiatry department
3. To identify the reasons of referral made from other clinical departments
1. Kaplan 548-555. (9th ed.)
2. House Officer Series Williams and Wilkins, 50-58. (5th ed.)
3. Wikipedia (free encyclopedia)